ART21’s Renewal-Themed Spring Issue
I was guest editor of ART21 Magazine for their Renewal-themed issue, published in Spring, 2016.
ART21 Magazine provides a space for insightful writing on contemporary art and artists, and includes regular columns, original editorial features, exclusive videos and interviews, and content from ART21’s rich archive. Published six times per year, each issue of the magazine is devoted to a single theme.
As guest editor, I commissioned articles from writers, shaped and edited written contributions to the issue, curated an online call for entries alongside the multimedia publishing platform NewHive, and wrote several pieces myself.
Peruse the entire Renewal-themed issue here, or browse select highlights:
- Letter from the editor
- An open call for Renewal-focused art, created in partnership with the publishing platform NewHive.
- An interview with Morehshin Allahyari and Daniel Rourke, the artist/activist duo behind the 3D Additivism project.
- Corinna Kirsch on “dying and coming back to life” on Twitter
- Alexis Anais Avedisian on artist E-Jane’s subversive use of Facebook Ads
- Ben Valentine on his renewed understanding of the art world after a year+ of living and working in Southeast Asia
- My former co-worker Tim Svenonius on SFMOMA’s imminent reopening, and its renewed place at the center of San Francisco’s art scene